DAKS believes that it is essential that both as a company and as individuals, that we should operate in an environmentally and socially conscious manner. Therefore, in order to achieve this objective DAKS requires its third party suppliers and manufacturers to sign up to this code of conduct when providing services to DAKS (“Suppliers”).
As part of this commitment, DAKS also has these obligations repeated in its Supplier contracts, and takes steps to monitor its Suppliers’ compliance to this code of Conduct, where possible.
Each Supplier will:
(a) use its best endeavours to reduce its consumption of non-renewable materials including fossil fuels;
(b) use its best endeavours to consume materials which are:
(iii) sustainable; and
- Each Supplier will ensure that the manufacturing and supply of any products it supplies to DAKS , take place in such factories or work places, (including its own factories or work places):
- Each Supplier acknowledges and agrees that as a result of DAKS commitment in this matter, in the event of a failure by the Supplier to comply with the undertakings set out in this Code of Conduct, then DAKS shall have the right to terminate its contractual or otherwise relationship with the Supplier.
- Each Supplier acknowledges that we are members of the Ethical Trading Initiative, an organisation we joined in 2010. ETI is a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and voluntary organisations that promotes respect for workers' rights around the globe. As a member of the ETI, we are required to ensure that all of our suppliers commit to a code of practice covering clear and measurable standards related to wages, working conditions and employment rights. We communicate our standards to suppliers and factories including the code of the conduct which is based on the ETI Base Code. The ETI Base Code is an internationally recognised code of labour practice founded on the conventions of the International Labour Organisation.
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
This document was last reviewed September, 2023.